Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Anxiously Awaiting

I have to admit I am nervous. With every passing day I am becoming more anxious about an upcoming surgery or two. Having another section of my liver removed was not something I had been planning on, but at the suggestion of several of my doctors, surgery seems to be the preferred treatment over radiation.

The last surgery to my liver was an awful, frightening experience that has haunted me often over the past 5 years. With my fears and trepidation in mind, Dr. Fairbanks has reassured me this surgery will be less invasive. I will meet with Dr. Holbrook tomorrow to discuss the surgery and am hoping that the procedure can be done simply.

As if a one part drama isn't enough, this latest development has a second act: my thyroid. The lastest PETScan showed some activity in my thyroid and the tumor board is concerned it may be a tumor. On Wednesday I will have an ultra-sound of the area and then meet with another surgeon who I'm sure will propose to partially remove the thyroid.

I literally feel like I am being taken apart, piece by piece. I'm going to have to instate a quid pro quo saying if you taken something out, you must replace it with something more fun. I'd love some squishier boobies, for example!

11 comments:

Julie said...

Sending lots of love and prayers your way!!!

Michele Alfred said...

I will be hoping/praying for you and your family. I agree with the swap idea though.

Virginia Llorca said...

I hope you are alright. God bless you and your family.

Unknown said...

I hope that you do not have to undergo an invasive procedlure. I have been there and done that and not enjoyed it.

Unknown said...

lady pee

Unknown said...

I hope that you do not have to have a complicated proceedure. I have been there and done that...not fun.

rsctt603 said...

I will pray for you, now. Aslo, there is a link on my page on the left to a good prayer ministry. they do take it seriously. Blessings

http;//wayfarersquest-rsctt.blogspot.com

kevin21 said...

Newports Cigarettes the modern open

society, the woman smokes Was not the something new, the cigarette in the woman hand many sexy enchanting atmosphere Discount Cigarettes With Virginia Stamp. But you have never realized, smoking is to

our flesh biggest murderer, is long Time smoking can cause our skin variation, today slightly arranges comes to reveal smoking for you 4 bad news which brings to the flesh.

Smoking can contract the blood vessel Cheap Newport Cigarettes , causes

the body The important nutrient and the essential oxygen flaw Newport Cigarettes Official Website, cause the wrinkle premature production.

Will similarly also create the ossein and the elastin Cheap

Newports
, must know, will be precisely they give the skin Skin strength, elasticity and youth gloss. Remembers, what is most fearful is smoking the influence

possible to need 10 years to the skin to be able to see that you the skin smooth tightly send now? That is only temporary, do not by the Newport Cigarettes Did not look the false appearance confuses, waits for you to be able to see smoking on your

skin's influence, is too late.

muamat said...

Wish you best of luck for good health.

Preface Communications said...

Nice Blog -This blog is beautify my info and required details which really great matter of admiration and worth praising - Net Life Sciences, Net Life Science Coaching Delhi, Net Life Science Coaching

Gurukulam said...

Nice article keep it up like this in your future.I hope you do best afford and make future bright.
csir net mathematics preparation