Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Chaos in the morning

We woke up at 8:11 which is not good since my appointment at the Cancer Care NW was 8:00. I quickly threw sweatsuits on both Katherine and me, packed bagels and drove quickly to the office. I thought my visit would only be 30 minutes or so but I had to have bloodwork, port flush, meet with an ARNP, have my huge infected toe checked out and then the monthly shot in my rump.

If I had been on the ball I wouldn't have pressed the alarm off AND would have had the birthday present wrapped and in the car for TJ's party. But, I wasn't, so I had to drive back up the hill to get the gift. When we got home it started snowing so I also got hats and gloves because we would be outside for pony rides at the party.

Finally we got to the Carr's house and everybody was there and looking cute and I walk in grungy, no makeup, bad hair, etc. A girl walked up to me and said, "Do you remember me? I sat with you on a flight from SLC to Spokane back when you were dating a musician (Greg)." She's moved back to Spokane. So nice I could see her for the first time in 12 years and in all my glory.

Then I started chatting with another lady and she said, "Are you the person who gave the talk in women's conference last year on organization?" YEP. I suppose it's time to revisit that topic. I tragically failed today.

2 comments:

Sant Family said...

I thought things like that only happened to me!!!

AND I have seen you many times in sweats and no make up and you are a vision of perfect bone structure and great hair (even your wigs :) ).

How many Ambien did you take last night? Wait, I'll see you in like, two minutes and ask you then. Duh.

Larsens said...

I'm with Tif...few Ambien is better.
I'm sure you still looked great.

Pony rides in snow???