Monday, March 31, 2008

Releasing My Inner Goth


My good friend, Tara, invited me to enjoy a girls' day out for lunch and mani-pedis. We haven't seen each other as much as we used to when I lived across the street. Besides that, she's busy being mom to beautiful twins!

It was such a treat to go out together, chat and catch up. Lunch at a deli on the South Hill was delicious and the spa was nice and relaxing. I felt a bit daring, and perhaps inspired by the latest People magazine, and had my toenails painted BLACK! I love it and my toes looked darling in my peep-toe sandals I wore to church on Sunday (even though it snowed that day). P.S. I chopped the toenails myself, so don't blame the manicurist--I promised to grow them out.

5 comments:

Sant Family said...

I have done black and I LOVE it! I also love my toenails short. :) Your feet look great! Thanks for sharing!

Larsens said...

I have my "glitter toes" appt with Leigh later today. I'm excited. Yours look great. I love black. I'm thinking about black fingernails....maybe not.

Michelle said...

oooooooooh, scary. you're much braver than i! BUT you've inspired me...gotta get that pedi! spring is here!

missy

HW said...

I have a purple polish that is so dark it looks black (it is my favorite for toes), and I was still surprised to like the black. Cute feet!

Reno 411 said...

Dang Chicka you're going goth on me? No, I am kidding. I actually like the black on you. On someone albino like me, it would really look awful.