Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Harvest Party

Today I attended Katherine's Harvest Party at her pre-school. It was so much fun to see how Katherine interacts with her teacher and classmates. Attending Northview Bible School has been a lot of work with all that we are asked to do to help with the class and I often wonder if it is worthwhile. I woke up and hour earlier today to bake pumpkin shaped cookies, pack treat bags for each student and teacher, and find orange for her to wear (a bow was all I could do). Going to school with Kat today was very rewarding though and I felt a sense of comfort that this is good for her and she is having a positive experience. Although it's only a total of 5 hours a week, we have noticed Katherine maturing in many ways with improved communication and more patience completing tasks. I just wish she hadn't gotten so much better with scissors: she gave herself a bit of a trim a week ago! Little chunks are sticking out all over her head (notice the bangs, for example). I'm sure she held her scissors the pre-school way!

1 comment:

Marja's Recipes said...

The bangs are fab! She looks so cute in that picture. You are a super mom for doing all the stuff for her class while finishing your house.