Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Sweet Baby James!

Greg and I had the opportunity to see James Taylor in concert tonight (sweet)! We had great seats on the floor (sweet) and the performance was fabulous (very sweet). Even though it was Greg's 9th time to see James in concert, he was so excited all day (even made dinner for us to help get us out the door on time) and anxious about getting to our seats. It was really cute to see how thrilled he was to see his music idol again.

James is an incredible musician and performer, even comedic. "Steamroller" was hilarious as he really yucked it up with over-the-top blues. The audience of old white people (including my gynecologist who sat in front of us) couldn't get enough and he did about 5 encores. My favorite moment was when he sang his rendition of "Oh What A Beautiful Morning" from Oklahoma! It was fresh, Taylorized and folksy. I loved it! I don't think I'll ever want to hear that song the Broadway-way again! In honor of the night, I added Taylor's "The Secret of Life" to my playlist. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Reno 411 said...

I am jealous! That sounds awesome. When are you coming to Reno to see us?