Saturday, October 27, 2007

Like Mother, Like Daughter?


For those of you who may not know, the name given me at birth was Shauna Kristine. My mom preferred "Kristine," but her good friend had a daughter with the same name and consequently opted to give me a good, solid 70's first name. The friend she attempted to avoid "copying" moved to another area soon after my birth. My mom called me "Shauna Kristine," and I must have been very accustomed to hearing my middle name because when I was 3 years old I decided it should be my first name. Apparently I only answered to "Kristine" and only allowed my brother, Brian, to continue to call me my real name. The name change coincided with our move to Valencia, CA and so it seemed like a good time to drop "Shauna" for good. I've been Kristine every since.

A couple of nights ago, Greg and I tried to remember middle names we had considered for Katherine. There were three options, as we can recall: Faith, Hope or Kristine. Katherine must have heard us say, "Katherine Kristine" because she claims it is her name. This is surprising because she has always introduced herself by her full name, Katherine Faith, and suddenly it's changed. I thought her determination to have a new name would wear off after a couple of days (she is 3 after all!), but she hasn't changed her mind. Sound familiar?

3 comments:

ElleDee said...

thats so cute!
Oh man, i miss you guys so much!
we should get together the next time you guys come down! that'd be sooo much fun!

XOXO

-Elle

Sant Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reno 411 said...

That is pretty funny. She does have a mind of her own and they all do, unfortunately. She is adorable I cannot believe how much she has changed in a little over a year.