Sunday, April 27, 2008

"Mom, you look AWESOME!"

This is honestly what Katherine said to me when I walked out of the bathroom last night in this outfit.

Last night our ward had a Pep Rally party and we were invited to dress like the decade we attended high school. I had so much fun putting together my "Working Girl" outfit. I found the black and green check jacket with HUGE shoulder pads at Goodwill as well as the black leather skirt (yes, that is leather). And get this: the glasses are my 80's originals!

The picture doesn't do justice to my hairdo. I always had a perm in high school and college and consequently didn't know I had naturally curly hair. Once I quit perming, I finally realized why my perms always held so well and for so long. So, what you're seeing here is my original, ratted and sprayed curl.

P.S. Just to the right of my ear and above the fence is the back of the house we built and sold. We didn't move too far away, did we!

5 comments:

HW said...

I remember you this way!! Except even more hair. You're so great. Way to be 80's. I don't think I could pull it off nearly as well.

Sant Family said...

I have to say you did look so awesome and in person it was much more effective than the picture.

Larsens said...

I was totally baffled by this picture. I thought you pulled one of those old pictures out of your album and posted it. Then I started looking at the scenery and noticed that you were standing by your back deck. Totally baffled.
Great job! You could, like totally, go back to high school in that get-up.

Reno 411 said...

You are a hottie! I love your outfit you totally llok awesome. I also had natural curl in my hair and never knew, until I stopped perming my hair. You hair is cuter though.

Joe and Amy said...

You do look awesome!

I didn't know you sold the house you built. I think that's the one you were building when we left Spokane. Crazy!