Sunday, April 20, 2008

Beach and Brownies Don't Mix

Maui is only a month and a half away and I can't wait to play in the pool, soak up the sun, hike and snorkel! In anticipation of our vacation I've bought swimming suits, cover-ups and sandals. I found this adorable floaty suit and kid-size snorkel and mask at TJ Maxx last week. Katherine wore the mask for a very long time and "practiced" swimming on the family room floor. Of course, I haven't met my Maui weight loss goal and it would help to stop baking goodies. The rainy, and sometimes snowy, weather makes me feel like eating brownies and cupcakes. Katherine shares my love of chocolate and she's a wonderful helper, at least when it comes to licking the bowl.

3 comments:

Reno 411 said...

I love the suit for Kat. I also think you look fabulous and I am not sure why you are talking about your "goal weight". If you get any thinner you will have to jump around the shower to get wet. I am excited for you to go to Maui. I want to go.

Larsens said...

My new swimsuits from Spiegel were waiting for me in the office when I arrived from our vacation today. I'm so excited. I also received my Kohl's "hiking" swimsuits. I totally look gross and fat in them but I'm going to wear them anyway. So, now I have total of 6 new swimsuits. I'm ready to go. I also ordered "ultra dry" snorkels for all of us.

Sant Family said...

I have been baking a lot lately too. I think it is the gloomy weather. Must have baked goods to counter-attack snow in April.