Wednesday, May 14, 2008

BFF's

This morning I scanned some high school pictures to post on the American Fork High graduates group on Facebook. This project made me a bit sentimental. It's not just all my poofy hair that I miss. . .
DRILL TEAM FORMAL FALL, 1988: This pre-dance picture was taken in the Komm Family living room. Isn't the orange furniture gorgeous! My date was Shaun Wilson, a family friend in our ward. We decided at our joint family Lake Powell vacation that I would ask him if I didn't have the guts to ask my "crush." Becky Williams Brian is standing next to me with her date, Mike Engberson. Mike is in so many of our high school dance pictures; such a nice guy. Next is Rebecca Hutchinson Blackhurst and her date, Joel Brian (Becky's future husband). Lynette Robinson Norton is next with her date, Darren Dibb. P.S. Don't you love how Becky and I had our shoes dyed to match our dresses? If I remember correctly, Julie was in Hawaii with her family for Thanksgiving break.

MORP SPRING, 1989: Officially the worst night of my senior year. I should have cancelled when I puked an hour before leaving. That was only the beginning: I was supposed to drive everyone in our suburban, but my mom forgot and drove that vehicle to the SLC airport to pick up my dad. It just got worse and worse as the night progressed. P.S. There's Mike again!

GRADUATION NIGHT, 1989: The new graduates. We partied hard, man! After the bash at the high school we went to Becky's house and crashed by 1 a.m.

TOGETHER AGAIN: Becky, Lynette, Julie and I were roommates at BYU our third year. In January of 2006, the girls flew to Spokane then ventured to the Komm cabin near Sandpoint, Idaho. Still the hard partiers, we stayed up talking, laughing and reminiscing until way past midnight! P.S. Isn't my post-chemo hairdo cute?

MAUI: Still the crazy partiers, Becky and I attempt native dancing on the beach, September 2007. P.S. Maybe we won't be BFF's after she finds out I posted this picture.

Nothing says "BFF" like trusting your friend to pull your kid's tooth.

Many more adventures await us and who knows what trouble we'll get into this weekend. Katherine and I fly to Denver on Saturday to spend almost 5 days with Becky and her kiddos! I hope no one has a loose tooth. . .

5 comments:

Larsens said...

Let's see...what was I doing in 1989??? I had been married 3 years, I was 129 lbs(the best weight ever), I had the same poofy hair as you, and we were living in Southern CA. Love the pictures. Have fun in Denver.

Reno 411 said...

What the heck? Where is the picture of you and I? I am just teasing.

I love your poofy hair. I know Marja said where she was in 1989 but I am not saying. O.K. I was in 4th grade. But I still think we are the same age right?

Sant Family said...

I was a missionary in 1989. I had poofy hair. Have a blast in Denver!!

Sant Family said...

AND I LOVE the orange couches!! My parents kept their orange loveseat that was EXACTLY like those until this past fall. I felt a shift in the universe when they got rid of it. Also, LOVE the died shoes AND the lace overlay on the dress. Just very Wedding Singer.

Mike said...

(Mike's wife says:) I am so glad you posted those vintage photos on Facebook...except the one of you and Mrs. Brian doing the hukilau dance is missing! ;-) Those were good times, and I think I had you beat in the uber-poofy hair department!