Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sloppy Joes 3 Ways

Yes, I know it's not fine cuisine, but sometimes a Sloppy Joe just sounds good. I hadn't made them in a while and so it was a new meal for Katherine. She was excited until she pulled something out of the meat and asked/demanded: IS THIS AN ONION?!? And in my mind I said, "DARN YOU JASON!" At dinner at our house during the holidays, he enlightened Katherine on the subject of onions. With the new knowlege, the Sloppy Joe was smashed.
Katherine then made herself a different kind of Joe, a Katie Joe, if you will, that was filled with 5 cup (or Ambrosia) salad. For a moment I believed we had a winning sandwich until she discovered the shredded coconut in the salad. Not quite as evil as the onion, but close.
Out of buns, we turned to sliced bread for her third sandwich, the banana peanut butter wonder. The only problem is that she didn't want to smash the bananas.
It is the last time I let her have options. What a mess.

3 comments:

Sant Family said...

You are SUCH a good mom. Although, I am with Jason on the onions. I like the flavor, just not the texture. Anyway ... a scenario similar to this is how Matthew's favorite sandwich - mayo and sweet relish - came to be.

Larsens said...

Hopefully there will be a time when she will eat almost anything. What a funny girl.

Reno 411 said...

Kat is a funny girl and you are way too nice of a mom. I would have made my kids eat it with or without onion.

I too like banana with Peanut butter, but the banana needs to be smashed. I am sure if was difficult to eat.