Thursday, June 19, 2008

Missing Maui - One Week Later












Under the Banyan Tree in Lahaina.
Every year we walk under the tree that takes up almost a whole block. It's huge and beautiful. The branches fall to the ground and then sprout back up again--amazing.

Another tradition when in Maui is to have dinner at Mama's Fish House. It is one of my very favorite restaurants and it never disappoints. The setting is gorgeous and open so diners can hear, smell and breath the ocean. I had a luau plate with fish cooked in coconut milk, kalua pork and various exotic fruits and vegetables. Katherine had the keiki dinner and we were so surprised she ate almost every bit of her ahi steak. She loved it! The best part was the Mama's chocolate caramel pie. It was heaven.



My little keiki, Katherine. She is still dancing, playing the Ukulele and talking about Hawaii. I just love that place and can't wait to begin planning the next trip there. I'm planning to sign Kat up for hula lessons this year--she'll love it, I'm sure!

4 comments:

Sant Family said...

I love these pictures! You all look great. Tanned and relaxed totally agrees with you! What a fabulous french braid Katherine has going on!

I loved hearing all about your trip. IF Larry and I ever make it there, you will have to give me all the scoop! (First of all, save the selling of the kidney until you are ready to pay for your meal at "Mama's" - right?

Haha

I am SO glad that you guys could go and have such a great family vacation! Yay you!

Love, Tif

Larsens said...

Aloha! It was great traveling with you. Katherine looked so beautiful in her french braid every day. You are a pro doing it. I loved Kat's dance and singing at the Luau. She fit right in.
It was a great trip!

Reno 411 said...

I am missing Maui too, and I have never been there. It looks wonderful. I agree with Tif, tanned and relaxed totally agrees with you. I know Maui is exotic and all, but you know you're dying to come to Reno and see us.

Mike said...

(Mike's wife Amy said:)
Looks like tons of fun! We have a trip planned there in October...we will definitely have to try Mama's Fish House. Any other recommendations, things to do, things to avoid? I haven't been there since 1992, and Mike and his parents haven't been to Maui at all.