Sunday, June 8, 2008

Pieces from Paradise

Greeted with leis at the entrance of the Marriott resort.
Pool-ready with fabulous French braids.
Katherine experienced digging a pearl from a shell she plucked from a bucket with the big wooden tongs. Then she tapped it three times and we all yelled "Aloha". We had the pearl set in a little necklace for her.
This is Gaylord, a Marriott worker we met last year. He made quite an impression on the Brian family because he guessed they were from Colorado. I was further impressed tonight when I reintroduced myself and he said, "Yeah, I remember you. You're from Washington and your friends are from Colorado. And you're LDS, right?" Besides being amazed he remembered us all from last September, I was impressed he knew our religion and asked how he knew that. He said, "You LDS people have a special knack with the Lord." Great guy.
Playing hide-and-seek with Katherine. She still thinks if she can't see us then we can't see her.

2 comments:

Sant Family said...

I love the picture of Katherine hiding her face! I love that age!

And I love the expressions on Alex and Katherine's faces with the pearl. Priceless.

Snaps to you on your trade-in bonus! Yay!

Aloha oi.

Westonhome said...

Kristine love your blog! Katherine is a sweetheart. When you were describing your friend that had such a great memory it reminded me of Grandpa. I wish I had half of that memory trait!