Monday, October 6, 2008

Today I Started a 5 Week Weightloss Plan . . .

RADIATION!!! Yep, folks, it's come to this. No, but really, I finally persuaded my oncologist to let me have radiation . Once and for all the spot on my sacrum and the other above my liver (the one mistaken for being in my spleen--aargh! how I wish I still had my spleen) will be obliterated and I'll be cancer-free again. We've been watching these small spots for a couple years in varying degrees of activity, and I'm tired of the drama two spots have caused (again, I lost my perfectly healthy spleen because of one). Dr. Nichols was concerned, however, that radiation to the spot in my abdomen would result in weight loss. I responded: And the problem is? I have some skinny jeans I'd love to break in. Always have to look on the bright side, right?

8 comments:

Sant Family said...

I am stuck on your "I Want My Spleen Back" song that I am composing for you. It might just be time to get that back out, dust it off, and get back to work on it.

Reno 411 said...

I hope all goes well. I have some skinny jeans I'd love to break in, but I had to break down and buy some fat girl jeans to make it through the winter. Sigh*

houseofhud said...

Good luck with the radiation.

~Whitney~ said...

AND? you'll be glowing ;) You've always done that though... Best of luck... we'll be keeping our fingers crossed for a successful outcome!

Larsens said...

When you go into the treatment, can I come and scoot down next to you on the bed, so maybe they could zap some of my tummy fat at the same time.
Good luck with radiation. It has been almost 6 years since this all started, right? OR has it been 7?

Michelle said...

what a great silver lining :) we'll be praying for you!
love,
missy

PartyOfFour said...

I'm impressed with your upbeat attitude. I truly admire you for your strength.

shurnuandbeagsly said...

You looked like you're feeling well...are you? I hope so. I guess we each have our things that seem so hard to deal with. Thank you for being such a positive and inspiring person. sorry for my crabiness the other day.