Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Musical Mission Remembered

About a week ago I received a message from one of my cousins telling me that she is going on a music tour in Germany. Many of the cities she listed on the itinerary were places I served in or visited while on my mission. In such a musically rich environment I had many opportunities to share my talents and to visit inspirational places. Throughout the entire time I was in Eastern Germany I never had to give a talk and instead was asked to sing or play the violin. I also played the piano for sacrament meetings in a couple of cities.

After a zone conference in Leipzig, we had time to tour the cathedral where Bach composed for many years.
We attended a Bergmanishe Music Festival with investigators while serving in Schwarzenberg. Very Sound of Music.


One of my very favorite ladies. I carried sheet music with me and played the piano for many people who had pianos in their homes but didn't play themselves. Spotting a piano in a living room was a great way to break the ice and I was never rejected if I offered to play.


A P-Day visit to the Handel house in Halle. I can't believe the tour guide actually allowed me to play this instrument.


Singing at a ward harvest party. We sang "Because I Have Been Given Much" which had just been translated into German.

After receiving the news of my counsin's future trip, I was inspired to pull out the box of photos and begin a huge project. I have been scanning photos and/or negatives onto my computer and putting together a digital scrapbook. All of the photos are very grainy and I have had to do a lot of enhancement and cropping; the camera I had was horrible. So, that's where I've been--absorbed in a project long overdue.

4 comments:

Larsens said...

You went AWOL on us, lady!Hallelujah for digital scrapbooking. I can't even call that crap booking.
We need to see the picture of the famous dress that your mission pres. asked you not to wear. Maybe on the next blog entry? yes?

Sant Family said...

So cool. You are such a goddess.

I just was laughing at the sister missionary clothes ... who among us at that time did NOT have a plaid jumper? You even kicked it up a notch with the fabulous Peter Pan collar. My plaid jumper was summer weight and possibly my favorite outfit for the season. It was so versatile and matched so manys shirts. It was also long enough to wear knee highs instead of pantyhose.

I don't even know how to digital scrapbook or really what it is. You must educate me.

Love, Tif

Reno 411 said...

Look what a hottie missionary you were.
I have discovered the joys of digital scrapbooking as well. It's with Hertiage Makers. I will need to bite the bullet sometime on the cost but, oh it's so worth it.

Larsens said...

Did you notice the doll next to you laying on the couch in the last picture? Looks like it has been dressed as a sister missionary with the jumper and all. How fitting.