Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Holiday Recovery

The past two weeks have been exciting and the activity has been non-stop. Today we all felt like crashing, but there was too much to do to try to clean up some of the Christmas chaos and to have a dinner party tonight.

As I started organizing the Christmas stuff, I had a really good feeling about our holiday. I don't have any wish I woulda's or coulda's. I feel like I was able to do what I had set out to accomplish:
  • sewed nativity costumes for all of the kids
  • made cookies and delivered to the neighbors
  • hosted a successful book group at my house on the 20th
  • had friends over for playdate/luncheon on the 20th
  • tried out new recipes for Christmas Eve (avocado eggrolls were fabulous)
  • played Christmas music on the piano
  • read Christmas books to Katherine
  • attended neighborhood and friend gatherings
  • saw the Nutcracker with Katherine
  • sent out the Christmas cards a week before
  • kept an advent countdown with Katherine

In addition to these things I also kept up with traditions of the past like making quiche Christmas morning and other small things that I do every year. All of this adds up to being exhausted. It's time to end this post because I'm tired!

4 comments:

Larsens said...

You crazy lady! I stayed in bed all two weeks of my vacation. Accomplished nothing but watching all the bowl games possible and reading books.

Sant Family said...

I know I say this every time but it always fits - Goddess!!!

Michelle said...

oh, i just love all the pics! thanks so much! you are amazing to have accomplished all that, crazy lady! you are definitely your mother's daughter :)

yes, send the eggroll recipe!

love,
missy

Reno 411 said...

I want your avacado egg roll recipe. I love avacado anything. It's no wonder you are tired. You are and always will be WONDER WOMAN.(Complete with Lynda Carter outfit)