Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Cable Connection Commentary

I've never posted about the comments to a post, but I just can't resist. Plus, I have some updates:

Michelle: Tifani was glad I introduced her to Lost and thinks it's worth the effort. But getting caught up is a lot of work. It's the funnest "water cooler" show because there are so many story lines and theories. It's also very mystical and has spiritual themes. As for the outlander series, I've been meaning to ask you about them. I saw one of the books on your website and I've always been curious about the books. Where should I start?

Tifani: I'm so glad to have a friend who appreciates Lost and shares equal amount of twitter-pation for Colin Firth. Remind me to give you "Bridget Jones' Diary" cleaned-up version so we can discuss the modern-day version. I think you'll appreciate it. I'm not sure how you, my savvy, hip friend, managed to miss the Project Runway bandwagon. Obviously I didn't sell that show as well as I did others. It's on Bravo and you can totally catch up on bravotv.com with all of the episodes and then watch the Bryant Park show next week. At least you need to get caught up on hip phrases like "make it work" and getting "auf'd."

Marja: You're so funny. You just hate British English because that's what you had to learn in school. You're missing out. Next time I come to Utah I'm bringing my P&P DVD and forcing you to watch it ALL. As for Project Runway, I've done some research, seen 3 outfits from each collection and am here to tell you Rami is classic elegance. He really did shed his "drapes of wrath" habit and his gold Oscar worthy dress is absolutely stunning. Word on the web is that when that dress hit the runway there was a hush and then applause. Costume Chris actually used human hair as trim, Christian must see the world in only black and taupe, Sweet P is no more than a boutique dress designer and Jillian had great pieces, but her collection lacked unity or a cohesive theme.

Kristina: You crack me up. I think it's hilarious that you laugh at the people who can't sing. I get so embarassed for these people I don't even know and must ook away. I really do avert my eyes. The kid from Murray is so talented--already one of my favorites. Oh, and I love that you are crushing on Colin Firth, too. We P&P people must stick together.

Love you guys! I look forward to your comments and enjoy sharing my thoughts with like minds!

4 comments:

Sant Family said...

I think what happened with Project Runway is now that the ankle-biters are older they think night time TV is for them, too. I find it easier to get them to do their homework if the TV is off. I haven't browsed in ages. Also, I usually associate Bravo TV with reruns of Rambo and the Rocky series 1 - 47. I had no idea the network was enlightened. I will get caught up next week. Thanks for the heads up.

Larsens said...

Kristine, you are FIERCE!

And it is a no-go on the P&P. I've seen it once, and no rerun for me. I'm still not sure who was who and what each said.

Reno 411 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reno 411 said...

I am sorry. I can't help but laugh at people like William Hung on American Idol singing "She Bangs". I smile just thinking about it now. I really think that get bad people just for more ratings. Yes, Colin Firth, is very hot. I love him.