Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Praying for Patience

I am going insane! As I explained in a previous post, both Katherine and I had Influenza B which we caught while in Florida. We have been getting over being very sick and it all hit us again.

Monday night Katherine started throwing up and throwing up. We stripped the bed several times in the night, had many changes of pajamas and rocked our sick little girl for hours. Unfortunately Greg had to fly out of town Tuesday morning and I was left alone dealing with the situation. I had a lot of things to do at the office so Mom came to the house to hold Katherine for several hours in the afternoon. She was so lethargic all day and was in and out of sleep.

I took Katherine to her pediatrician this morning to be checked out and to run a few tests. The conclusion is Katherine has Influenza A and this strain causes severe aches in the head and neck accompanied by high fever.

We're also facing dehydration and possibly going to the hospital tomorrow to have more blood tests and IV fluids. Katherine will only take a few sips of water and each time it has to be in a new cup with fresh ice water. This is where I begin to lose my patience. The constant crying is making me tired and Katherine can also be a very mean little sick person: I have been hit a lot and told I have bad breath. I was actually told to chew some gum before I rock her in the chair. What a diva.

3 comments:

Sant Family said...

I am sure Katherine's comments are just parroted from what she hears from Greg.

HAHAHAHA

I am totally cracking myself up!! Like you rock Greg - hahaha - hilarious!!!

Wait, you don't right?

I am not a patient mommy with sick kiddos. Three days in my limit and then I start wondering why they took the alcohol out of cough syrup.

I hope you don't end up in the hospital. Let me know!

With love and SYMPATHY, Tif

Larsens said...

"I'm not a diva", she said. That was so cute tonight.
I feel for you, Kristine. But your help and relief came home tonight. Now you can relax and sleep some, thanks to Ambien.

Reno 411 said...

No mom is patient with sick kids. I hope you all get well soon. It is so draining on us as mothers, when you have sick kids.