Saturday, February 16, 2008

Michener Marathon

Book Group selection for February is James Michener's Chesapeake. After an encouraging chat with Tifani who is enjoying the book, I was determined to really get into the story today. I read off and on throughout the day, fortifying with 2 Diet Pepsi's, 4 sugar cookies and a bag of kettle corn. Sadly, I'm only on page 264 with roughly 600 more to go.

I'm not a long distance reader and must admit I just finished searching Netflix and Amazon for a mini-series version I can watch instead. I don't think Michener is Cliffs Noted, is he? It doesn't help that I got the same response from both my mom and Greg when I told them I was reading Michener: Oh, Centennial is the best book! That's hilarious because that's not the one we're reading and I'm sure there is a mini-series of that book.

3 comments:

Sant Family said...

I am on page 389 right now and I still like it. There are some boring parts - I skim those.

Bad news - my book has 1001 pages, so if you have the same book and you are on 264, you have more than 600 to go - more like 700+.

I hope you have a different copy.

This book is just a little longer than Lonesome Dove. And that is one of your favorites, so I totally know you can knock this one off, too.

Reno 411 said...

You are a smarty pants and you read fast. You'll be just fine. I talked to Tifani today about my lack of decorating skills. I have bow hunting skills but no decorating skills and we've come to the conclusion that I NEED your help.

Larsens said...

I've never read a lick of Mitchener, and I don't think I will venture that direction any time soon. But good for you. You go girl, and finish strong!