Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Domestic Dumps

Have you ever had one of those days when nothing goes right?

I had the best intentions this afternoon to make heart-shaped sugar cookies for Katherine's class, but it all went wrong. I forgot to add the sour cream to the recipe and attempted to add it after the dough had been chilling for a couple hours. Then while the Bosch was spinning, I accidentally dumped the newly filled flour canister upside down onto the floor. At least it landed only a few inches from the auto-dustbin in the cabinet.

We made homemade Valentine's and a veggie tray for the class party, but there will be no cookies. I had to quit while I was ahead and down 5 lbs. of flour. I'm feeling in the "domestic dumps."

3 comments:

Larsens said...

Store bought cookies are an option as well...I did those all the time and never felt any kind of guilt.
Sounds like you had a bad, bad day.

I dumped a box of spaghetti on the floor the other day, and I screamed bloody murder because they were all over. Rod came to help me and started sticking the spaghetti down my plumbers crack. I started laughing and I couldn't be upset after that.

Reno 411 said...

I am sorry about your bad day. I love the sugar cookie recipe with sour cream they are the best. Things will get better. The veggie tray sounds very tasty and healthier too.

Sant Family said...

That is my day today! Only instead of sugar cookies it was the annual Valentines Day tshirts that I make. You wouldn't BELIEVE everything that went wrong ... computer, iron, shirts, MY BRAIN ... I should nap.

Are you guys all over influenzuck? It is going around our ward right now.