Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Cable Connection. . .

During a chat with Tifani yesterday the subject of television shows came up and it made me think about what I connecting with on the boob tube:


Pride and Prejudice: Thank you PBS for airing my favorite movie starring Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle. I love, love, love this version and Sunday viewed Mr. Darcy's totally-not-in-the-book-but-totally-made-my-heart-flutter swan dive into the pond.

American Idol: Why do I have an inexplicable need to support a complete stranger's dreams?

Lost: Theories abound but one thing is for sure and that is the crazy Frenchwoman has more punch in her than she gave Ben. Very disappointing. She deserves to have let out her pent-up aggression on Benjamin lyin' Limus.

Project Runway: It's almost over! Say it isn't sew! Looks like it will all come down to that "fierce" ferret-like Christian and the classy Rami. Stay away from the draping darling and you'll win for sure, Rami (my favorite since Episode 1).

4 comments:

Michelle said...

ok, i'm with you on 3 of the 4 (i love rami too). do i really need to start and get caught up on 'lost'? a few friends have told me it's worth it, but i'd rather read through the hugeness that is the "outlander" series (each book is at least 800 pages!).

missy

Sant Family said...

I LOVE the swan dive!! As we have discussed, Colin Firth is HHHHHOT and this version is absolutely the best!
I have never been able to get into American Idol.

LOST is worth EVERY minute!!! I am SO glad that you got me hooked on that! And so glad that they reaired season one so I could get all caught up.

Never watched Project Runway - where do I find it? I don't know who is draping, but I agree, stay away from that!

Larsens said...

I can't stand anything that is spoken in British English. If I watch a show or a movie, I need subtitles. Who can understand that horrible "language".

Never watched Lost, and I won't.
AI is the best. The 16 year old boy from Murray, UT is the best.

Project Runway is my fave. I think Christian will win. Rami won't because all he does is drape and drape. Does he use scissors at all. I like Jill, but she is too slow, she will never complete a collection. And the fat gay dude won't win because he uses too much wire in his creations.

Reno 411 said...

Colin Firth is hot. The dude in the most decent P&P is kind of woof. I love American Idol too. I laugh so hard early on when people who really have no talent, try. I know I shouldn't laugh, but where do some of these people come from?