Monday, November 12, 2007

Formula For Fabulous Weekend

What a great weekend I had! On Thursday I flew to Utah for 2 1/2 days and here's how it played out:

- Flight delayed 2 hours leaving Spokane. Waiting made me miss my family before even leaving the city.
+ Kelly, the lady who does my permanent make-up, was still able to retouch even though I was late.
+ Dinner at CPK with my best friend, Marja, eating our favorite Thai Crunch Salad.
+ Fabulous night's rest as Marja bought me a Homedics sound machine just like the one I have at home.
+ My brother, Jason, and I met for breakfast.
+ Visited my cousin, her husband and their new, precious new-born, Gabriela, and my Aunt Linda, too.
+ Visited Lynette, my HS and College friend, who happend to live only 3 streets away from Tristan
- Wished I had Katherine with me to play with Madison, Lynette's daughter.
+ Met Marja at Dear Lizzy in Highland for lunch. I'm still drooling over the cupcake.
+ We added Alex to the mix and drove to the outlets in Park City to do what we do best: SHOP!
+ We're such pros at this, we have developed traditions about our outtings. We had dinner at Loco Lizard where we've been getting our shopping stamina sustinence for 4 years.
+ Alex was a trooper even though he didn't find any shoes he liked.
+ So much fun driving and talking with my best friend
- Brought my bookclub selection, Manhunt, to read and it's dull.
+ Breakfast with Marja at Mimi's Cafe
+ Christmas shopping, many items crossed off the list
+ Tried out violin bows at Peter Prier in Salt Lake. Peter gave me full purchase price for the bow I bought 4 years ago and was trading in. I picked a beautiful new bow with less bounce.
+ Lunch with mom-in-law at Jason's Deli
+Visited Layton museum where father-in-law, who is on the committee, was giving tours
+ All purchases fit in my bags, got to the airport on time. No delays and wasn't a crowded flight.
- My bags learned the "way to San Jose." Insert music here. Finally delivered on Sunday afternoon

= Weighing it all together, it can be concluded I had a super solo flight. I just love having the opportunity to visit family and friends, to laugh and chat. I especially am grateful for my best friend, Marja, and our traditions that make me feel alive and the talks that remind me why I want to keep on living.
The Dear Lizzy cupcake I'm still craving!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

i don't think i know anyone who could accomplish MORE in 2 1/2 days! wow! glad you had fun :)

missy

Marja's Recipes said...

Ok, that list just made me tired, but it didn't seem so much at the time. It was so much fun to have you here. Now...let's plan the NY trip for the spring. There are so many stores to visit and so many shoes to try on....

Reno 411 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reno 411 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sant Family said...

WOW. That is a crazy-fun week, I mean 2 days! You are such a party animal!

Love, Tif