Monday, November 19, 2007

Happiness is . . . an Organized Closet!


When we built the house on Westover, I had California Closets design and install our closet system. After 9 years of plastic drawers and bins, having such a nice organizing system was refreshing and wonderful. When we sold the house, I was really hoping we would be able to have another closet system. As our current house was being finished, we were able to have California Closets work their magic again. The 9 foot ceilings gave us even more storage in the walk-in closet. It just makes me happy to go in there and see every shoe in its slot, clothes hanging in rows, shirts folded on the shelves and the drawers properly stocked. There is happiness in organization!

I loved the shelving and drawers so much that I used an online store (easyclosets.com) to design the 4 walk-in closets in the basement bedrooms and craftrooms. Now all of my scrapbook, sewing, crafts, and teaching materials are organized and stacked on the shelving systems I designed. Oh, one more thing: it helps to have a handy kid name Adam come in and install the shelves. That is happiness to Greg!

3 comments:

Marja's Recipes said...

I can only assume that this is YOUR closet only. It is so organized. But where are the rest of the clothes? I know you have at least 3 more closets full of your clothes, AND whera are all the black shoes that according to our husbands look exactly the same?? I'm jealous of your organization skills in your closet.

Reno 411 said...

Dang girl, do you have enough shoes?

Michelle said...

so jealous!