Monday, November 19, 2007

Out of the Best Books

For the past 5-6 years I have had a copy of The Modern Library's "100 Best Poll" in my day planner. I put the list in my planner to remind me to seek out great literature and authors to read. Out of the Board's 100 Best I have only read 18 of the books listed. I'm not taking the Reader's 100 Best very seriously since #3 is L. Ron Hubbard's Battlefield Earth. Are you kidding me? The first column, the Board's, however, contains very good, timeless books and my next pick will be from that list.

Follow the link and find out how many books on the list you've read!

http://www.randomhouse.com/modernlibrary/100bestnovels.html

Or this link for Time's All-Time 100 Novels:

http://www.time.com/time/2005/100books/the_complete_list.html

1 comment:

Michelle said...

so out of the board's list i had read 10 novels and 18 out of the reader's. this is a great "go to" list when i'm stuck for a book group pick. i cracked up to see at least 2 stephen king novels on the reader's list, and i laughed even more when i realized i'd read both!!! yikes. what surprised me about the books of all-time list was that poor miss jane austen was not even there -- boo! my fave is still "memoirs of a geisha". read it!