Thursday, November 15, 2007

"Mommy, could you paint a rainbow on me?"

This afternoon we read one of the books we received from our Scholastic order. A Bad Case of Stripes definitely was Katherine's favorite and she wanted me to read it to her over and over again. At the end of the first reading she said, "Mommy, could you paint a rainbow on me? It is so beautiful." I told her that I like her skin the way it is and she replied: "But why, mommy? I want pretty colors, too." After reading the books I double checked that all of the markers are on the highest shelf. Now with this idea in her mind that being striped is beautiful, it's just a matter of time before she paints her body.

2 comments:

JKomm said...

Durn it, now you've got me reading a blog. I've fought against the ever-encroaching blogosphere for quite some time now, and I've finally been overcome.

(It looks really good though, your artist brother is impressed!)

Marja's Recipes said...

First:"Play me like a guitar" and now:"Paint a rainbow on me". What's next? That girl is so, so funny.